Grammys apologizes to Tiffany Haddish for asking her to Anchor the Event without Honorarium Grammys apologizes to Tiffany Haddish for asking her to Anchor the Event without Honorarium - Gistmattaz Ng : Nigeria News | Latest Naija News Today 24/7

Grammys apologizes to Tiffany Haddish for asking her to Anchor the Event without Honorarium


The company behind the Grammys is apologizing to star actor Tiffany Haddish after the she called out the organisers for a "disrespectful" offer to host it sans any compensation.

"It's just been brought to my attention that the Recording Academy invited Tiffany Haddish to host this year's premiere ceremony," Recording Academy interim President Harvey Mason Jr. said in an Instagram video posted Thursday.

"Unfortunately and without me knowing, the talent booker working for the Academy told Ms. Haddish that we wouldn't even cover her costs while she hosted this event," Mason said. "To me that was wrong. I'm frustrated by that decision. It was a lapse in judgement. It was in poor taste. And it's disrespectful."

The 41 year old "Like a Boss" star had condemned the Recording Academy this week, saying in an interview with Variety that she turned down an offer to host the livestreamed Grammy Awards pre-telecast when they wouldn't pay her or pick up the tab for hair, makeup and wardrobe costs.

"All of that would have to come out of my pocket," said Haddish, who's nominated this year in the best comedy album category for her Netflix special "Black Mitzvah." "I don't know if this might mean I might not get nominated ever again, but I think it's disrespectful."

"I was like, 'The exposure is amazing, but I think I have enough. I appreciate you guys asking,'" Haddish told the publication. "And as much as I appreciate the honor of being nominated, that's not OK."

A Recording Academy rep had told Variety earlier this week that the Academy is a nonprofit organization that historically hasn't paid hosts, presenters or performers on its annual awards show.

In his Instagram post, Mason said he had apologized both personally and on behalf of the Recording Academy in a conversation with Haddish. "I expressed my regret and displeasure about how this went down and how this was handled," he said.

The Grammy Awards are scheduled to air Jan. 31 on CBS.

0/Post a Comment/Comments

What do you think?

Previous Post Next Post