My Mum is opposing our Marriage because she is 6years older than Me... My Mum is opposing our Marriage because she is 6years older than Me... - Gistmattaz Ng : Nigeria News | Latest Naija News Today 24/7

My Mum is opposing our Marriage because she is 6years older than Me...

They say age is never a barrier when it comes to marriage, especially when it's the lady that happens to be older than the man. 

Though many school of taughts and traditions object to these opinion most especially in this part of the world. The belief system here only supports a Man to be older than the wife, due to so many considerable factors which one of them is 'aging'. The female tends to get older faster than the male in most cases, another one is the defensive power which can be exercised more when he is older

However, This opinion is biased because of the nature of the man which is Ego. would you be submissive to her control?  We're human, parts of the reasons why a woman is submissive to the husband is most times because of the age differences and probably his achievements.

Love can be very deceitful when it's at the dating level, you can only know true love when in the marriage proper where it is for better for worse, for rich and for poor. 

Though many guys are good probably because of their money, they were able to be in control of the situation, but in most cases where the guy feeds off the lady it usually resolves in conflicts.

Please help!  This guy needs your advise 
what would you advice him? 
read his plight below:


My fiance and I have been dating for the past 4years. I attained 24 last week, I wanted to get married to her last year but I just wanted to wait till I attain 24. 
The problem I have now is my mom. She is opposing our marriage because my fiancee is 6 years older than me, I'm 24 while she's 30. 
My dad has already endorsed the marriage, I'd have liked to go on with the marriage but I don't think going into marriage without both parents blessing is sensible that's why I need my mom's blessing and endorsement. 
My fiance has good character, she's very kind and intelligent, I can't afford to lose her because of pressures from my mom at least I'm an adult. 
I don't know what's happening, my mom endorsed our relationship but she doesn't endorse our marriage just because she's 6years older than me. The thing is, I can't leave this lady ,not now not ever, she have done so many things for me. 
in fact she even promised to provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage!. She is rich, yes she is, the house I'm in living in now belongs to her, I moved in with her in 2016.
The truth is I love her and I can't afford to lose her because of my mom's wish. Both her parents and my dad have given us go ahead for marriage but my mom still doesn't want me to marry because of age and my fiance is beautiful. 
I don't know what do now ,that's why I think I need advice from you guys,.I don't know if I should go ahead with the marriage without my mom's endorsement/blessings. 
please advice
Source: nairaland/Romance

0/Post a Comment/Comments

What do you think?

Previous Post Next Post